Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yeancah to headline Word Up Event | Read the Poem She'd be Performing, 'No more tears'

Renowned Media Personality Yeancah and Comedian Ali Baba would be headlining this edition of Word Up event taking place this Saturday. WORD UP is a spoken word and soul music event, an event not to miss this week. LWTZE's Blog brings you the poem Yeancah would be reading at the event - also see details of the event - this is an invitation to every reader :)


Description: http://api.ning.com/files/qJHJIdDVghS1H21CxzwB-dwq7DlJRBxjEfmqqUp4hg6IcUhbshwgV6DJVRrb2Pz*3MdR1ECuqT1HRhQ*4o29vHp5IXf7ffFf/tears1.jpg


No more tears

I feel shame when I look into the mirror;
I feel bitter to see what I’ve become.
I can’t tell my friends or family; who would believe me?
I can’t tell the police, they will only mock me.

I am that girl who people describe as little;
But you really don’t have a clue what I’ve been through.
The ones who are supposed to protect me;
End up taking advantage of me.

At sixteen I was called a pretty teen;
But daily I deal with low self-esteem.
Used and abused by the ones I look up to;
I being pushed, and might take my life if it comes to.

Marriage was supposed to be my sweet haven;
Nothing else to compare except God’s Holy Heaven.
But in the arms of the one I truly  loved;
I suffer the pain of his fist as thick as gloves.
And when he is not hitting me;
He speaks uncaring cold hearted words, stinging me.
For better fore worse was the vow I took;
But better remains oblivious,
As this journey keeps growing worse.

I am that woman next door;
We even go to the same market, in the same bus;

I am that girl in your classroom;
Who you think is being pompous in your point of view;

I am the little girl in the playground;
All by myself, ensuring no boy is around.

I yearn to tell my story
That justice would take the glory
But will you accept back in society
And not point your fingers back at me….

I beckon on you;
Come to my rescue.

Help tell my story;
That justice would take the glory.


Else I'll cry; till I have no more tears in my eyes.


by
Daniel Ikekhuah


No comments: